Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013...here's a resolution for ya...

Happy New Year. Welcome 2013!

I'm mulling over my lengthy resolution list. Like last year, I'm grumbling to resolve to be thinner, more productive and healthier. I should be more resolute in vocalizing my disdain about resolutions.

Why don't we as a society resolve to quit being such pansies?
I miss the days of, "Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

Now days you can't say anything that may hurt someone's feelings. Freedom of speech is a thing of the past. Not only can you be sued or held liable, now days, people kill each other for "unkind words."

Please, when I was a kid, mean words and deeds made a person stronger, more resilient, more resolute. If someone was mean to you, you didn't punch, shoot or stab them...you just called them a "jackass" and went on about your business, not waisting an ounce of time or energy on their stupidity. Besides, they have the right to voice their biased opinion about you. Just like you have the right to voice your biased opinion about them.

I think my brother, Brian, was the first one I heard say this other famous phrase, "Everyone has an opinion and just like their butt hole, it usually stinks."


Betsy

6 comments:

  1. Girl, you make me LAUGH!! And that is my honest-to-goodness opinion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! And yet so true. Nice blurb, I dig it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I gave up making resolutins about five years ago. If I can do some changes for myself, great. If I dont that year, I dont have a list staring at me at the end of the year reminding me.....i failed.... :-c

    Btw, great job at Edmond Library. Very interesting. I know what the other lady said, but I loved the fact that you showed up in Harley design. c-:

    T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Twilight. I enjoyed my time with you all at the Edmond library. I'm a Harley chick, no apologies.

      I really despise resolutions...but I have considered making some changes this year. Like, cutting back on my sugar consumption and adding a few extra minutes of daily exercise! But I refuse to call those resolutions...:)

      Delete