Monday, February 25, 2013

Full-time gardener

One day, not too far away from now, I'm gonna hang my leather gun belt up for good. I'm gonna stumble around the garden with a coffee cup in one hand and a digging tool in the other. I'm gonna play with flowers all day, every day.




Don't look for me on the highway, I won't be there. I won't have an office, won't drive a fast car, won't wear a slash-proof, bullet-proof vest.
                                                             


I'll have a pollen covered nose, dirty fingernails, muddy boots and a goofy smile on my face.
 

                                                                           
My plan?...to "ooh" over the Oklahoma sunrises.
I'm going to discover new plants, maybe some new trees. I may decide to try my hand at grafting. Who knows, I may actually succeed at vegetable gardening when I retire.
 


One day...not too very far away...I'm gonna be a full-time gardener!







 

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! I'm not a "schooled" gardener like you are, but I love to dig in the dirt. Very therapeutic for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catlady,

      Thanks! There isn't anything like getting dirty in the garden to keep you centered and refocused. Sometimes, I think God made flowers just for me, but I'm glad He lets others enjoy them too! :) Bring on the spring weather and let's get our hands dirty, Catlady!
      ps. love your name!
      Betsy

      Delete
  2. As Pavel put so eloquently, most American's bodies, including athletes, are pretty "jacked up" to begin with. fucile softair professionale

    ReplyDelete