Tuesday, November 8, 2016

2016 Up Until Now


 Well, I'm finally getting around to blogging...

Betsy, Becky Wingate, Brian Green-Young
Oklahoma City University






Sad, really. There just seems to be so many things to keep one busy these days. In my defense, I was finishing my MFA in creative writing from Oklahoma City University's RedEarth MFA program, graduated in May...Thank you very much. I've also been busy querying agents with my thesis project which is a full length novel. My first paranormal. It's about a female Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper who gets murdered and finds herself stuck in the afterlife. It's a quirky, humorous read with a little violence, bad language, and alcohol involved. Or was that just grad school? 





Get screened for breast cancer girls - it doesn't play!




 I've had a lot of joys this year, but I've had my sorrows as well. My favorite aunt passed away back in June. Rita Leachman (to the left of my cousin Maranda) was by far the sweetest woman on the planet (second only to my momma, her sister.) We're never ready for them to leave, are we? Even if them staying means they suffer. We are selfish like that. I know I'll see her again one day. That's the only thing that eases my heartache. I love you, Aunt!








Finally went out to the east coast where my children live. Saw the sights. Made me homesick for Oklahoma.







 But, I got to see the Statue of Liberty for the first time, and I got to see both of my grandsons. That did my heart good. I do so love being a granny. It's kind of ridiculous the happiness one gets from your kids having kids. It's hard to explain. Grandparents understand though. I don't have to sell them on the idea. You live long enough and have kids, you'll understand too.

Look at that little face!
 So, I'm going to try to do a better job of blogging. I'll make no promises, because I hate breaking promises. Besides, I'm writing a new book and trying to sell a second one. Cut me some slack. I'm busy on my second Noah Pool Adventure book. It's a middle grade reader. I know, from one extreme to the other, but I write like I live - all over the place.

This little heart-breaker has Granny and Papa wishing the east coast wasn't soo far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment